Sunday, September 13, 2009

US Open and September Update

September has started like the last two months, even worse given that it's almost half over. At the moment, I'm down about about 5K and around even in terms of big bets after about 22K hands. It's really been a struggle the past 2 1/2 months, at this point I feel like I'm in a slump. Sure I'm running bad, really bad. But there are also days where I'm playing really bad. One day stands out - the first day I got to New York, I was exhausted and jet-lagged and ended up playing about 6 straight hours and losing 12K. I'm not sure why I even kept playing other than I was being stubborn. I knew I wasn't playing well but instead of getting a good night's sleep, I tried to force myself to play through it telling myself that I could fight through the haziness and play better. Stupid idea, forcing myself to play several hours when exhausted only made things worse.

I've also found myself having a really difficult time focusing lately. I feel like I'm playing on auto-pilot a lot, looking at my cards and player stats, and not paying attention to anything else. I'm also losing track of the action from time to time which is a lack of concentration. I don't know exactly what's causing it, I'm a little burnt out, hopefully it's not too much more than that.

So, at this point I've cut back to 4 tables and am quitting sessions any time I feel my focus start to fade. I'm also trying to avoid 5 and 6 handed tables if possible - I'm constantly opening new tables and dropping full ones if I can. Hopefully, I can snap out of this soon. A good run of cards would certainly help.

New York City and the US Open were fun, it was great to watch live tennis. We had different seats each of the days we were there. We upgraded to court side one day and got to see the Venus Williams/Kim Clisters match along with Nadal and Serena's fourth round matches. Other days we were either all the way at the back of the bleachers or down in the loge section which is in the middle of the stadium. After sitting court side, everything else felt like a mile away. I got to see everyone I wanted to see (Serena, Venus, Federer, and Nadal) except Andy Roddick. I'm not a huge Roddick fan but I would have loved to have seen a 155 MPH serve in person.

Here are some of the pictures Jamena took:


i
d








No comments:

Post a Comment