Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November in the Books

I'm happy with how the month turned out all things considered. I got really sick after my last blog update. I couldn't play any poker for about four and a half days and went from being a few days ahead of SNE pace to a few days behind. Today was actually the first day since then I've felt 100%. I got sick on Sunday the 14th so for 15 days or so I had various ailments. There were quite a few days where I was playing with a fever and sweat dripping down my face.

I ended the month almost exactly on SNE pace - I'm at 916K Vpps at the moment. I'm heading to Boston for about 6 days for Christmas. Then it's back to San Francisco for a couple days, off to Miami for 3 days, Puerto Rico for another 4 days, and then the PCA in the Bahamas for 10 days. So I really need to play a lot of poker the next couple weeks to make sure I'm ahead of pace before all my traveling. I've been multitabling more of the lower limits to earn VPPs faster and I imagine I'll be doing a lot of that in the next couple weeks.

I'm pretty excited about playing the PCA this year. I feel really good about my tournament game. I've been watching a lot of videos and thinking about my game. My NL game itself is not great but I feel like my tournament game and grasp of the concepts needed to be a winning tournament player is at an all-time high. It's 95% luck in any given tournament of course but I'm still looking forward to it either way.

Here's what November looked like:





3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the solid month, Tony. Best of luck finishing up SNE for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like things are going well for you again. Variance is driving me crazy, literally. I think I saw in an earlier post that you go through laptops quite frequently. Did you finally get one that works well for you? I just almost bought a Dell M6500 until I saw a review that people are having problems with it freezing. Can't have that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things have been going ok, tons of ups and downs in the short run but consistently up in the long run. The games are a lot tougher than they were even a year ago.

    Yeah I actually found a great laptop that's designed for gamers. So far it's held up really well, I haven't had a problem. It's an ASUS G73Jh notebook.

    Hope your luck turns around, the more heads up and short-handed you can play, the smaller the swings.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete